Waking up on Monday mornings may be one of the hardest things to do. Especially when you are getting up for early classes and/or work. That is not much to look forward to. There are some things that you can do to make for a better Monday and an easier wake up!
1. Get some work accomplished over the weekend - Do a little bit of work each day so you are not weighing yourself down with work during the week. This will help decrease stress.
2. Avoid staying up so late - This is a huge problem being in college. You find yourself staying up late and sleeping in on the weekends which makes it hard to adjust at the start of the week. On the weekends try to get to sleep a little earlier, and wake up a little earlier.
3. Try to keep a healthy diet on the weekends - Over eating and compulsive junk food eating is inevitable on the weekends. Try to reduce this. It will prepare you for healthier eating habits at the start of the week.
4. Wake up on the right side of the bed- Wake up earlier. Take a shower. Start out your Monday with a cup of coffee or tea as soon as you wake up. Fruit for breakfast is the quickest source of energy for your body.
5. Give yourself something to look forward to - The next weekend is only a week away. Make plans with friends or family. Go out and do something fun. Work hard during the week so that you can play hard during the weekend.
Happy Monday everyone ! :)